03 June 2008

Sidewalkers



Here's a new one for June . . .as in June gloom season in Portland. Ok its not all that bad, but we could use a bit of the summer time vitamin D rays.
This one is 24"x36" oil on canvas. What can I say, I like the back of people's heads?!
I am doing a new series of paintings dealing with mostly interiors, public places, focusing on the movement of people and light.

Summer event:

On August 9th and 10th I will be conducting a workshop in Astoria on the Oregon coast.
I'll be focusing on a variety of subjects and methodologies in oil painting, as well as showing my approach. There will be a demo each day and I'll provide instruction and critique on a variety of topics. I will post the schedule and a link on the blog as soon as possible. Sign up will be kept to small number of participants, somewhere between 10-15. If you are interested and would like details please come back and check the blog for more info. Contact/Sign up info will be posted later this week.

1 comment:

C.B. Canga said...

nice work as always josh. it was good seeing you not too long ago. how are thngs going? are you moving to ny soon?