14 January 2009

Artists Emerge



I took part in an online competition through an art organization out of San Diego, CA, called Artists Emerge. They are for promoting artists and art in communities around the globe.

I was awarded 2nd place for a juried competition about creating a series of paintings. My Apercu Series focusing on Grand Central Station in NY was chosen as a excellent body of work, enough to impress the juried committee, it looks like.
With over 200 international entries I was honored to have merited a place.

I was the lone painter chosen with the other award winners all photographers, including the honorable mentions, not bad huh.

Have a look at their organization and what they do for promoting art at www.artistsemerge.org

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you receive a monetary award? I wonder how legit this organization, now called IA21 is.